My mentor, John C. Maxwell delivers again in this book. He provides timeless and invaluable principles that will help you be more intentional about your growth. This book is one that is on my reread list annually. You see, John has been on his growth journey for almost 50 years and he has seen many talented individuals never realize their full potential because they fail to pursue intentional growth. Since reading this book, I have connected with different mentors who continue to challenge my mindset. They also hold me accountable as well. I have developed an intentional plan of growth, and the results for my personal and professional journey has been nothing short of amazing.
Your real education process start after you leave all of the formal education they tell you you need to be successful. The formal education offered at institutions serve only as the foundation of what is to be a continued process. Below are a few of the Laws John covers in this amazing book.
- The Law of the Mirror: You Must See Value in Yourself to Add Value to Yourself
- The Law of Awareness: You Must Know Yourself to Grow Yourself
- The Law of Modeling: It’s Hard to Improve When You Have No One But Yourself to Follow
- The Law of the Rubber Band: Growth Stops When You Lose the Tension Between Where You are and Where You Could Be
- The Law of Contribution: Developing Yourself Enables You to Develop Others
My favorite one is the Law of the Contribution. Because I am developing myself, I can now develop others. This process is never complete. If you are about growth and living intentionally this book is a must read.